Thursday, June 10, 2010

'Local is Lekker' continued...


earrings for 'Local is Lekker' exhibition
silver, resin

These earrings were more or less a derivative of the necklace. The 'leaf pattern' pair is actually something that I tried to do with enamel a few years ago, that I didn't quite get right with enamel, but its worked out a lot closer to what I wanted with using resin.
This is where I got a bit impatient working with resin. I usually do the resin work in several stages, waiting for certain areas to set before I start with the next. However here I did most of the resin work all in one sitting (and took longer than expected). I did want to blend a few colours together, but here, some of the colours ran into each other unintentionally, but with these pieces it didn't really ruin the pattern, but next time definitely more patience. I wasn't sure about the length of the earrings, but seeing them finished shorter, I think they would look more dramatic and elegant if they were longer, which is what I wanted intially.

No comments:

Post a Comment