Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Ivy Necklace

"Ivy Necklace" (close up)
Silver, resin, glass beads

"Ivy Necklace"
Silver, resin, glass beads

"Ivy Necklace" (close up)
Silver, resin, glass beads

"Ivy Necklace"
Silver, resin, glass beads
This is my "Ivy Necklace". Believe it or not, I started this neckpiece/ necklace, maybe about a year ago. I only worked on it on my free weekends, so for starters it took a long time for it to even start looking like a jewellery piece.Eventually, i got really frustrated with it(sometimes you just get annoyed looking at pieces that seem to be going nowhere), and decided to put it on the back burner while i was distracted with other things. I'm really happy that it's finally complete, and I've gotten ideas for more pieces, some of which may look like a very obvious derivative of this one. (Cannot wait to get cracking with those!)
I posted more than one image of this piece because it looked so different on the black and white backgrounds. In the first image, on the black background, the colours look quite acid, but they're not at all that luminescent. The necklace also isn't as long as it looks in that image ( I neglectfully didn't measure the length), but it sits a little below the collarbone.

No comments:

Post a Comment